Switch to First Bank of Dalton
Switching banks can be hard, so First Bank of Dalton has created the Switch Kit to assist you in your banking relationship.
Follow these simple steps to move your banking relationship.
1. OPEN A FIRST BANK OF DALTON CHECKING ACCOUNT.
We will help you decide which account best fits your needs.
2. STOP USING YOUR PREVIOUS CHECKING ACCOUNT.
Allow time for outstanding checks and debits to clear – usually about 10 days. Destroy your ATM and/or debit card(s), any unused checks, and deposit slips.
3. MOVE YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT(S) TO FIRST BANK OF DALTON.
Notify anyone making direct deposits to your previous account of your new Bank information. Download the direct deposit authorization form to assist you in quickly making this switch.
4. TRANSFER ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS AND DEBITS TO FIRST BANK OF DALTON.
Notify anyone deducting automatic payments (mortgage, insurance, dues, etc.) from your previous account of your new Bank information. Download the Automatic Payment Form to assist you in quickly making this switch.
5. CLOSE YOUR PREVIOUS CHECKING ACCOUNT.
After all your checks and automatic payments have cleared, close your previous checking account. Download the form to notify your previous bank of your decision to close your account(s).